Service Connected Compensation

Disability compensation is a monetary benefit paid to veterans who are disabled by injury or disease incurred or aggravated during active military service. The service of the veteran must have been terminated through separation or discharge under conditions that were other than dishonorable. Disability compensation varies with the degree of disability and the number of dependents, and is paid monthly. The benefits are not subject to federal or state income tax.

Widows Pension

The Department of Veterans Affairs provides a small pension to eligible widows of deceased veterans. This program is similar to the non-service connected disability pension for veterans, as it is a program that is based on income and net worth. This program is commonly referred to as Widow's Pension.

Non-Service Connected Disability Pension

Veterans with low incomes who are permanently and totally disabled may be eligible for monetary support if they have 90 days or more of active military service, at least one day of which was during a period of war.

Service Records & Medals

Copies of service records and medals may be obtained through the National Personnel Records Center by coming into our office and completing VA form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records. The copies are sent to you free of charge and may be requested by dependents and family members of the veteran.

Death Benefits

We will assist the widow/widower and dependents of the deceased veteran with help in obtaining grave markers and headstones as long as the veteran was discharged under other than dishonorable conditions. We also provide assistance with other services that may be due to surviving spouses and dependents.

Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC)

DIC is a benefit paid to dependents of veterans who died of a disease or injury while on active military duty or who died as a result of a service connected disability.

Home Loan Guaranty

VA home loan guaranties are issued to help eligible service members, veterans, reservists and unmarried surviving spouses obtain homes, condominiums and manufactured homes, and to refinance loans.